Thursday, March 5, 2009

Watchmen

In honor of the imminent theatrical release of Watchmen, I give you two reasons to be glum:

Watchmen Failed
Watchmen: The Demo is Nigh

The former is a really great article that gives some insight into why Moore's comic series was so powerfully different, and why it's been lauded for all the wrong reasons. The latter is proof of that concept: a videogame beat-em-up based on... well, clearly not Watchmen.

Ya know, a couple of movies ago I heard Alan Moore was pissed about how his work had been treated... truth be told, today I'd be spitting venom, too.

2 comments:

  1. I read the first article this morning and refrained from sending it to Mauro. I knew the unsympathetic use of the word "fail" would break his little comic book loving heart. Regardless, I have a feeling we will still be shelling out $15 bucks to see this in the theater!

    ReplyDelete