Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm aware that you probably aren't interested in the vicissitudes of my weekend; that's fine, and I don't feel it reflects poorly on you because I'm totally the same way. However, there are a couple of points I feel we should cover. They may pertain to you!
  • The jerk beef sandwich I had at Red Bones on Friday was a wholly unpleasant affair, a scorching that started in my mouth and burned its way down, like a candle, into my liar's heart, where false pride pooled into a waxen puddle. The waiter warned me about it, and I'd probably eat it again if somebody warned me not to do it.
  • Sunday was the Chinese New Year. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the celebrations in China Town felt more like what I would expect in a pulp-fantasy civil conflict: a cold, gray sky, and air thick with smoke; the distant rat-tat-tat of what could be firecrackers or automatic weapons; confused elderly wandering the streets, cloaked in gray ash...... and roving bands of dragons, randomly pelting people with oranges. It was all a bit surreal.
  • The Superbowl was also Sunday (a perfect storm of celebration!). Great game, despite the conspiracy of Sobe and Heroes ads that were clearly designed to cause massive, irreparable harm to anyone who viewed them.
  • I found out Animal Planet runs a program during the Superbowl wherein they do nothing but film a group of puppies for two hours. Clearly this is what picture-in-picture was invented for.

1 comment:

  1. ahem, how am i supposed to spend my time at work if you only write once or twice a month? i mean, HELLO? haha

    ReplyDelete