Thursday, April 29, 2010

Save-The-Date

Lauren has been consumed with wedding planning of late. The main thing for her so far has been maintaining her venue/catering spreadsheet, into which she seems to feed more data continually. It's like a black hole, a once-great star that turned cold and collapsed inward from its own bloated mass; and yet even now she feeds it yet more names, more contact numbers, like sacrifices to some mad god.
Knowing what I do of singularities, my main concern has been staying the hell away from the whole thing. If I seem unwilling to help with the wedding planning, let it be known that it's only because I know exactly where I stand with respect to the event horizon of this particular gravity well.

Of course, I am excited to be planning a wedding. But my version of planning conveniently skirts issues of actual importance and any potential decision-making. Yes, my contribution to the team has mainly been coming up with ideas for save-the-date cards and wedding invitations. Behold, my screwing around with GIMP 2!





I am having fun just getting acquainted with the software, so if folks have ideas for additional cards, be they just-for-fun like these or legit DIY ideas, I'd love to hear them.

3 comments:

  1. All good choices for save the dates. kevin especially likes #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please, please, PLEASE send version #3 in the mail. PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man, I hope you booked Rump in advance, his MySpace says he's in residency at Woeuf Borguignon through April '012.

    ReplyDelete