Friday, April 30, 2010

Titus Andronicus - The Monitor

The upshot to having a hip younger sibling is that you yourself will never have to read exasperating Pitchfork reviews. I vastly prefer a highlighted micro-review as filtered through my tuned-in relative: "Here, listen to this. It's pretty cool."

Last time I was home I pillaged a bunch of my little brother's CDs. I'm still sifting through my ill-gotten gains, but already one album is sticking out to me. The Monitor is probably as close as I'll ever get to having Bruce Springsteen get angry-drunk, piss himself, and pass out on my basement floor. I suppose it's punk? Whatever the genre assignment, the arrangement is great, and the lyrics and concept warrant repeat listening. I foresee this one holding my attention for some time to come.

1 comment:

  1. how about your hip, slightly older (only by a few months) friends?

    here, listen to this. it's WICKED cool. B.o.B "The Adventures of Bobby Ray." my friends at atlantic sent it to me because i like the single. come to find out, the entire effin' album is GOLD. GOLD!!!

    it's my new summer jam. for real.

    ReplyDelete